Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
As told by shoujo artists.

December 24, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays here! 2008 is coming to a rapid close and there's still so much of it left to enjoy. It gave us a pretty decent year in gaming, less so in anime. In terms of gifts, it gave us a lot to ponder.

Every one of my friends but myself has an Xbox360 now. I'll probably get it sooner rather than later now. With my latest friend getting an Xbox (Seth) we also got to experience Rockband 2 and create characters! It's incredibly addictive, though as the singer of the group I didn't know as many of the songs on this playlist as I did on the first one. There is an option to port over Rockband 1's playlist over to 2, so hopefully we'll get around to that. I'm pretty much going to try and hang out at Seth's as much as possible now because this game is just that fun. Also now that we're not playing on the Wii the controls work much better and character creation is too fun. Seth and I were fighting over who got to spend money on whose character while Tony and Larry rolled their eyes at us.

Prince of Persia came to a close a while ago (it's almost criminally short) with a controversial but (in my mind) brilliant ending. Also, it sets up for a sequel. I feel less good about that given Ubisoft's track record.

Tony was a doll and got me Blood + season 1 box set (with a great T-shirt in the box, though the full series would have been acceptable) so I've been watching the DVDs. I keep forgetting that Adult Swim used to edit a lot of the blood out so it's more of a gore fest than I remember, but that only adds rather than detracting from the experience. "Saya!" Never gets old.

Ouran High School Host Club 2 will be out in two or three weeks. Cannot wait. Love this series.

Death Note boxset 1 is out for a reasonable price (first half of the series for $50.00--that's around 30 episodes). One of the few Madhouse series to not have gallons of blood to spurt at high pressure in every episode (the other series is Monster if you were curious) and has lots of crazy "intellectual" twists. It's hella fun to see Light and L go at outsmarting each other and all the moral issues involved with Light's actions. Definitely worth the cash.

Can't really think of anything else noteworthy to squawk about right now. Maybe later. Happy Holidays once again!

No comments: