Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
As told by shoujo artists.

August 20, 2008

Anime Trade

So last night my favorite patient came and we traded anime. I aquired This Beautiful Yet Ugly World along with a few other titles I can't remember off the top of my head. I ended up lending out not much anime (he's already seen everything I own now) except for Gotham Knight and now the two Hellboy animated movies. Which are awesome. I also borrowed a lot of OSTs to burn. Heeheeheehee...

Apparently Too Human isn't worth buying but may be good for a rent. And the search for awesome games to bury one's self into continues. Where oh where is the next Kingdom Hearts? Shouldn't they be done with making it by now? Or would it be on an entirely new engine? Probably, now that I think about it. Oh Square Enix...quit making actual Final Fantasy games and give the public what it desperately craves: more Disney.

Other game franchises I'd like more of you say? Okami would be a great start. Barely anyone played it as it came out at the end of the last generation but by God, that was a diamond among garbage. Just the graphics alone were worth the price. It was cell-shaded to look like Japanese wood prints and whimsical coloring. Restoring the earth instead of destroying it? Being a wolf goddess? The ability to bark at people and chase your own tail and dig random holes? Drawing your powers on the screen to change your environment or do battle with wind/water/fire/cutting/etc.? This was the most fun I'd ever had with my PS2. And the game worked on so many levels. Excellent characterization and gameplay with a unique plot. Sure the ordinary battles were a little repetative, but easily excusable. Even the loading screens were a mini-game! This was impossible not to love. More please.

Gotta get to work. More at a later date.

No comments: