Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
As told by shoujo artists.

September 01, 2008

Mercenaries 2

So Tony got Mercenaries 2 yesterday (strangely it was released on a Sunday) and we all sat down to watch it. I wasn't a huge fan of the first one because I hadn't been properly introduced into the story (what little there was) and hadn't seen any of the voice talent being displayed. So I was pretty against this experience.

I was so totally, totally wrong.

Mercenaries 2 is awesome. Fantastic graphics, fun storyline, and one of my favorite voice talents of all time should you choose her character: Jennifer Hale. She's here using her Bastila voice which is hilarious considering the dialogue. It's fun to hear Bastila touting the virtues of an AK-47! (HK-47 still recieves no love from Bastila.) There's also the prolific Phil LaMarr and (my favorite merc) Peter Stormare. Very, very awesome. So far the story is about revenge after not getting paid and getting shot in the ass. And yes, I made Tony play as Jennifer Mui (Jennifer Hale's character) for about half an hour 'cause I wanted to see a female protagonist.

Nothing is more fun than ordering an air strike on someone. Except for maybe a nuclear strike. Which you can apparently do in this one. I can't wait! Definitely a cathartic release and pure destructive fun. Also, looks good in HD. Definitely five starry thumbs-up or however I rate stuff.

^_~

No comments: