Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
As told by shoujo artists.

July 25, 2010

Marvel Anime?

Yesterday at San Diego Comic Con Jeph Loeb announced on G4 the arrival of Marvel anime (exclusive to G4, of course). Not sure how to feel about this. It's produced by Mad House, so there's a credible animation studio behind it. The fact they made four series at once makes me wince though because it means that in terms of quality vs. quantity quality always takes the crucial hits.

Don't believe me? Here's some trailers:

Marvel at Logan's mullet for the Wolverine trailer.

Thrill as Tony Stark controls the skies in the Iron Man trailer.

I don't remember what the the other two series were and I couldn't find trailers. Feel free to comment and tell me what they are.

Anyway, it's an idea that has taken root in my brain and forced me to like it. I'm a huge fan of the Animatrix and Gotham Knight works, so of course I'm willing to give this a chance. There is a difference between a collection of short animated features and an entire series, though. Jury is still out until more is available.

No comments: