Romeo and Juliet

Romeo and Juliet
As told by shoujo artists.

July 27, 2010

New Ranma?

Okay, it's not actually new. Shounen Jump had it's 50th anniversary in 2008 and to celebrate Takahashi Rumiko made some OVAs of her most popular series' that had debuted in the magazine. These were for Urusei Yatsura, InuYasha, and my favorite: Ranma 1/2. There was a cute little intro and then the episodes themselves. I don't know if anyone got to see them, but Angela Jewell created a decent sub (though not always correct) to go for the Ranma one and posted it on YouTube. You can find part one here with links to two and three on the same page. The story is one of my favorites from the manga with the Incense of Terror. ^_^ It's really neat to see Ranma 1/2 animated really well with the computer coloring. It just pops from the screen! It also makes me wish they'd do more OVAs, or animate the last arc from the manga...*sigh* Hope you enjoy it if you haven't already seen it!

2 comments:

Alii Silverwing said...

I... am - going to have to watch this at home. o_O!

Jill said...

Did you like? I loved it. And then it made me sad because there won't be more. Bittersweet. But I freakin' adored it. All the original VAs too (except for Kuno because his seiyuu passed away)! There's also the funny intro I should find and post...